- 1 freshly baked 1-2-3-4 Layer Cake, layers unassembled and unfrosted
- 2 batches Mousseline Buttercream
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Food coloring and decorations, as desired
Valentines Day Cake
Prep: 30 min
Bake: 30 min
Yield: 1 (3-layer) 9-inch cake
If some chocolates can say “I love you” on Valentine’s Day, just imagine what baking a big, beautiful cake from scratch can convey. Use our famous 1-2-3-4 Layer Cake (“Back of the Box Cake”) as the base and customize the toppings to delight the ones you love.
- Using the Mousseline Buttercream, frost each cake layer top, then stack them and apply a crumb coat to the cake.
Cover and chill in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Mix desired food colorings into remaining Mousseline Buttercream and place it covered in refrigerator to chill for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake and frosting from refrigerator and frost cake as desired.
- Drip melted chocolate around top edge of cake.
- Use a star piping tip to create decorative swirls with frosting and decorate as desired.
You May Also Like
What’s the prices of the cakes
Hi Jamar, These are recipes to make the cakes. Swans Down does not sell prepared foods. Can you tell us how you found the Valentines Day Cake page? We’d be interested in knowing. Thanks!