- 1 batch Pumpkin Brioche Rolls, cubed and toasted.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 6 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 4 cups lacinato kale, stemmed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 cups chicken (or other poultry) stock
- 1 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
Butternut Squash, Kale and Pumpkin Brioche Stuffing
Prep: 30 min
Bake: 60 min
Yield: 14 Cups
Sweet, slightly nutty butternut squash and tender pumpkin brioche bread mixed with fragrant, fresh herbs and mild Italian sausage make a hearty stuffing for turkey, duck or chicken. Make an extra batch of the Pumpkin Brioche Rolls to serve at the dinner table or to make leftover sandwiches.
- PREHEAT oven to 425℉
- TOSS squash with olive oil, salt, pepper and sage. Roast until tender and golden brown,
about 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven crumble sage and set aside.
- BROWN sausage, allowing it to break up as it cooks, in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
- ADD onion, celery, kale, thyme, rosemary and walnuts to the pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Saute until kale has wilted and onions are translucent.
- ADD butter and mix until melted. Fold in toasted brioche and mix to incorporate. Add stock and stir so that everything is evenly distributed. Season to taste and cook over medium heat until brioche is softened and liquid has been absorbed.
- STIR in roasted butternut squash, dried cherries and cooked sausage. If stuffing a turkey, let cool completely before stuffing.
You May Also Like