- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (or margarine)
- 3 cups Swans Down® Cake Flour
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk (whole or low fat)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Makes 2 loaves or 1 round (tube pan) cake.PREHEAT oven to 325º.
BUTTER and lightly flour two 9-inch loaf pans (or you can use one 10-inch tube pan).
SIFT Swans Down Cake Flour, then lightly spoon into measuring cup for 3 cups.
CREAM butter and gradually add sugar, creaming until light and fluffy.
SIFT the sifted cake flour with baking powder and salt. Add eggs one at a time to creamed mixture, blending after each addition.
ADD flour mixture alternately with milk and extracts, blending after each addition until smooth. (Do not over mix as this will yield a dry cake.)
POUR into prepared pan(s).
BAKE at 325º for approx. 1 hour and 15-25 minutes. (If using loaf pans, test at 1 hour and 15 minutes and see if the cake tester comes out clean. For tube pan, you might need the full 25 minutes.)
COOL in pan(s) 15 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pan(s) and finish cooling on rack.