- 1 batch Basic Butter Cupcakes (With Variations)
- 1 batch Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Food coloring
- Plain vanilla cookies
- Sprinkles, optional
- Shredded coconut, optional
Taco Tuesday Cupcakes
Prep: 30 min
Bake: 25 min
Yield: 20 cupcakes
Everyone knows what’s for dinner on Taco Tuesday, but what about dessert? These cute cupcakes are easy to make and the perfect accompaniment to taco night, Cinco de Mayo parties and more.
- Frost tops of cupcakes and set aside. Divide remaining frosting into small bowls and tint with brown (for meat), yellow (for cheese), red (for tomatoes) and green (for lettuce), and place each into piping bags. (Alternatively, sprinkles can be used for the cheese and tomatoes and green-tinted coconut for the lettuce.)
- Slice each cookie in half. Pipe a rope of brown frosting along the cut edge of one half and attach the other half to form a V-shape resembling a taco. Using the other colors, pipe on the taco ‘fillings’ to resemble a loaded taco. Place one ‘taco’ on each cupcake.
You May Also Like