Sweet Tea Lemon Pound Cake
Here's another reason to love sweet tea! Lemony pound cake, rich with the iconic, refreshing flavor of iced sweet tea and topped with a freshly squeezed lemon glaze.
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4½ cups Swans Down® Cake flour
- 1¾ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Tea-Infused Cream (recipe follows), room temperature
- Sweet Tea Syrup (recipe follows)
- Lemon Glaze (recipe follows)
SWEET TEA SYRUP
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 family-size bags Luzianne® Unsweet Iced Tea
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 15-cup Bundt pan. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Beat butter and sugar with a mixer on low speed just until combined. Increase speed to medium and beat until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Make Tea-Infused Cream: Heat cream in a saucepan over medium-low heat just until bubbles form (do not boil). Remove from heat, add tea bags and steep for 10 minutes. Stir. Press tea bags against pan to remove liquid, then discard. Add extra cream if needed to make exactly 1 cup, and let cool.
- Whisk flour, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternatively with Tea-Infused Cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating until combined after each addition and scraping sides of bowl. Spoon batter evenly into Bundt pan. Tap pan on counter to spread batter and remove air bubbles.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 1¼ to 1½ hours. Remove cake from oven and cool in pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack placed over a baking sheet.
- Make Sweet Tea Syrup: Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan, stir in sugar and cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat, add tea bags and steep for 10 minutes. Discard tea bags and let cool.
- Make Lemon Glaze: Heat lemon juice and sugar over low heat in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves and glaze mixture is smooth.
- Brush Sweet Tea Simple Syrup onto warm cake, let stand for 15 minutes, then repeat. Pour Lemon Glaze onto cooled cake before serving.