Prep: 15 min
Bake: 60 min
Yield: 1 Loaf
Two of our favorite “go to’s” for comfort are chai tea and banana bread, so why not combine them? Serve a slice warm with a pat of butter anytime from breakfast to tea-time to midnight snack.
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1½ cups)
- 2½ cups Swans Down® Cake Flour
- ¾ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup buttermilk or sour cream
- ½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with baking spray and sprinkle with flour.
- BEAT butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla, beating well after each addition. Add banana, beating to combine.
- WHISK together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and salt in a medium bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternating with adding buttermilk and beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition.
- MIX in pecans, if desired, and pour batter into prepared pan.
- BAKE until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- COOL in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.