Pumpkin Spice Latte Mini Bundt Cakes
Prep: 10 min
Bake: 20 min
Yield: 12 servings
Fill the kitchen with the comforting, spicy aroma of autumn with this simple cake recipe, which yields adorable individual bundt cakes. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar or top with a sweet espresso glaze. The recipe calls for 2 mini Bundt pans, each with 6 wells to make a total of 12 mini cakes.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 1/3 cups Swans Down® Cake Flour, sift before measuring
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree (pure pumpkin; not pie filling)
- Confectioner’s sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Spray 2 mini Bundt pans (each pan should have 6 wells each holding 1 cup of batter) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine sugars and oil in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix on medium-low speed until thoroughly combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, espresso powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture, alternately adding the pumpkin puree, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag or a measuring cup and pour about 1/2 cup batter into the wells of the mini bundt pans.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Garnish with confectioners’ sugar.
- For extra coffee flavor, top with a sweet espresso glaze:Latte Glaze
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter in the microwave. Add the espresso powder and whisk until espresso is dissolved. Combine powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract, butter and espresso mixture and mix well using a hand mixer. Pour glaze over cake. Allow the glaze to cool until it is firm, about 15 to 20 minutes, before slicing the cake.
- To make a full-size bundt cake with this batter, bake the cake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- The cakes will keep for 3 to 5 days in a sealed, airtight container in the refrigerator.