- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted, unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups Swans Down®️ Cake Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (13-ounce) jar Nutella® Hazelnut Spread
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
Nutella-Stuffed Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Prep: 30 min
Bake: 12 min
Yield: 32 cookies
Rolling cookie dough in confectioner’s sugar pulls moisture from the cookie’s surface, resulting in the delightful cracked and “crinkly” look of these chewy, chocolatey confections. A dab of Nutella in the center makes them irresistible.
- IN the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add 1 cup of the cocoa powder and the sugar and butter; mix until well combined. Add eggs one at a time and mix until fully incorporated.
- WHISK together flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Add flour mixture to cocoa mixture and blend until just combined. Transfer the dough to the refrigerator and chill for at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- MEASURE 1/4 teaspoon size scoops of Nutella and place on several small baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Freeze for at least 1 hour (and up to 3 days).
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- SCOOP dough into 1-inch balls. Make an indentation in each ball with your thumb and place a frozen scoop of Nutella in, pinching the dough closed. Roll each ball in the chopped hazelnuts and then confectioners’ sugar and place on the baking sheets about 1 inch apart.
- BAKE for 12 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to finish cooling.
- Because the Nutella defrosts quickly and can become difficult to handle, fill the dough balls in small batches, removing the Nutella scoops from freezer only as needed for each batch.
You May Also Like