- 6 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 to 8 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 pinch of salt
Chocolate Fudge Buttercream Frosting
- MELT chocolate chips in microwave or double boiler; set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- SIFT together cocoa powder and confectioners’ sugar.
- CREAM butter and confectioners’ sugar/cocoa powder mixture using the whisk attachment on a stand mixer or a hand-held mixer. If mixture seems too dry, add a tablespoon or two of heavy cream to smooth it out.
- SCRAPE down the sides of the bowl and add melted, cooled chocolate.
- WHIP mixture until it’s smooth and silky. If it seems too thick, add heavy cream one tablespoon at a time to reach desired consistency.
You May Also Like