Bacon, Cheddar and Green Onion Waffles
Bake: 4 min
Yield: 4 servings
Making waffles is always fun, and twisting a basic recipe from sweet to savory is an unexpected joy, opening up a wide variety of breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner options. Think poached eggs, fried chicken, or roasted vegetables as possible toppers, and let personal tastes and creativity be the guide.
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons sifted Swans Down®️ Cake Flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 5 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/3 cup green onions (green and white parts), chopped
- WHISK cake flour, yellow corn meal, cornstarch, baking powder, kosher salt, and black pepper together in large bowl.
- WHISK eggs and buttermilk together and add to flour mixture. Add melted butter.
- FOLD in cheddar cheese, chopped bacon and green onions.
- COOK waffle batter in waffle maker according to device instructions.