Blueberry Crumble Coffee Cake
Prep: 30 min
Bake: 90 min
Yield: 1 cake
Double up on delicious blueberry and coffee flavor to make this unique coffee cake. Bake in the brewed coffee and add a tiny amount of fresh ground coffee to the crumbly topping. It's an ideal addition to breakfast, brunch, a holiday dessert spread, or tea time and afternoon coffee breaks.
- 2 cups Swans Down®️ Cake Flour
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons (unbrewed) New England Coffee® Blueberry Cobbler coffee, ground extra fine
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups Swans Down®️ Cake Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Make Compote: Combine brewed coffee, sugar and blueberries in a heavy-bottomed medium pot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring often to keep from burning, until liquid reduces to a syrup consistency. Remove from heat set aside to cool.
- Make Crumble Topping: In a food processor, pulse flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and ground coffee. Add butter, pulse until mixture resembles moist sand. Add pecans and pulse 3 times.
- Make Cake Batter: Combine cake flour, baking powder, ginger and salt in a medium bowl and whisk. Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add honey mix to combine. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until incorporated. Add flour mixture in two batches alternating with the half and half. Mix until combined.
- Assemble Cake: Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a 9-inch springform pan and line with parchment. Alternate layering cake batter with blueberry compote half at a time, starting with cake batter and ending with blueberry compote. Swirl batter with a skewer using a figure-8 pattern, then top with crumble mixture. Bake for 80 to 90 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Cool in pan.
Can you use any blueberry coffee? I live in Columbus, Georgia don’t think I can get it unless Amazon sells it.
Hi Kathy, You should be able to find New England Blueberry Cobbler Coffee (a sister brand to Swans Down) at Publix, Walmart and Winn Dixie in the Columbus Georgia area. Check out our item locator here: https://reilyproducts.com/products/new-england-coffee-blueberry-cobbler-ground-11-oz/ Happy Baking!