Prep: 10 min
Bake: 35 min
Yield: 20 cookies
Also known as Mexican Wedding Cookies, these nutty, sugar-dusted goodies are in demand on party tables from Christmas and winter holidays through to Cinco de Mayo and summer barbecues. They're easy to make and pack for traveling to parties and potlucks, and also easily customized with different kinds of nuts and extract flavorings.
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Swans Down® Cake Flour
- 1½ cups walnuts, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Confectioners’ sugar, for coating
- PREHEAT oven to 300°F.
- MIX together flour, walnuts, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Add vanilla extract. Add butter in little pieces and combine everything together with clean hands until the mixture looks like a coarse meal with nut bits in it.
- FORM the dough into small balls no larger than a walnut and place on the cookie sheet, spaced at least an inch apart from each other.
- BAKE approximately 30-35 minutes.
- WHILE still warm, but cool enough to touch, roll the cookies in confectioners’ sugar. Set on wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, dust with confectioners’ sugar again as needed.