- 1 batch Basic Butter Cupcakes, freshly baked in paper liners
- 1 batch Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Food coloring
- Sprinkles or other cake decorations (optional)
Pull-Apart Cupcake Cake
Prep: 30 min
Bake: 25 min
Yield: 20 cupcakes
Pull-apart cupcake cakes are a fun way to celebrate any occasion, and they make for an extra-easy clean-up with no knives, forks or even plates needed. Customize the shape and decorations according to the occasion, of course.
- This cake can be customized for any occasion. To make the graduation cake pictured, arrange all but 5 of the cupcakes on a serving platter in a diamond shape (a square placed on a diagonal). Line the remaining 5 cupcakes around the bottom corner of the diamond.
- Place 1 cup of frosting in a bowl and tint with gold food coloring. Place another 1/2 cup of frosting in a separate bowl and tint with black food coloring. Set aside.
- Frost the tops of the cupcakes to create a flat surface in the shape of a graduation cap with a banner area below it; cover and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from refrigerator. Pipe a border to create the graduation cap plus a banner area below it. Pipe lettering and a cap tassel and add sprinkles or other decorations as desired.
- Tint frostings with desired school colors.
- If gold food coloring is not available, mix 2 parts golden yellow food coloring with 1 part brown food coloring.
You May Also Like