Mardi Gras Compost Cookies
Prep: 80 min
Bake: 20 min
Yield: 18 cookies
Inspired by Momofuku’s Milk Bar® daily compost cookie creations, we filled these chewy delights with all things Mardi Gras! Bake your favorite parade snacks into one delicious cookie.
- 1 3/4 cup sifted Swans Down® Cake Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup cocoa nibs
- 1 tablespoon coffee grounds (We used French Market® Coffee Creole Blend coffee grounds; do not use instant coffee!)
- 2 cups Zapps® Potato Chips (We used Voodoo flavor)
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- LINE 3 sheet pans with parchment. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- CREAM butter, sugar, brown sugar together until combined. Add egg and almond extract and cream at medium speed for about 2 minutes. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Add white chocolate chips, cocoa nibs and coffee grounds. Mix again until just combined. Add chips and pretzels. Mix on low speed until just combined and evenly distributed. (Do not over mix, as it will break up the chips and pretzels too much.)
- SCOOP 1/3 cup of the mix onto cookie sheets to make 6 cookies per sheet, about 4 inches apart. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- PREHEAT oven to 350℉. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until cookie edges are golden brown and the center slightly soft. Cool on wire racks.