Prep: 20 min
Bake: 30 min
Yield: 1 (9-inch) bundt pan
This rustic, easy-to-make cake is a great starter cake for beginning bakers and a lovely everyday dessert to have on hand. It’s not overly sweet, making it a nice treat for breakfast, too. Try a slice lightly toasted with butter.
- 2 1/4 cup sifted Swans Down® Cake Flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup honey
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners’ sugar, for garnish
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a 9-inch bundt pan.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt together in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Cream butter, honey, and zest together in the bowl of a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and garnish with berries, if desired.