- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (35.5 grams) sifted Swans Down® Cake Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (26 grams) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons (40 grams) whole milk
- 2 tablespoons (28.35 grams) of melted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams) sprinkles + plus extra for decorating
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
Funfetti Mug Cake Sundae
Prep: 5 min
Bake: 1 min
Yield: 1 serving
This fluffy, festive vanilla mug cake is an easy, microwaveable solution for those anytime cake cravings. Plus, kids love to make them! Drop colorful sprinkles in the batter and serve topped with ice cream, whipped cream or frosting.
- Spray a microwave safe mug (that can hold at least 8 ounces of liquid) with a non-stick cooking spray with flour.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, salt and sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Add the milk, butter and almond and vanilla extracts and mix together until the batter is completely smooth. Fold in the sprinkles. Pour the batter into the prepared mug.
- Cook in the microwave for about 1 ½ to 2 minutes (depending on the strength of the microwave) or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes, then top with ice cream, whipped cream or frosting and decorate with sprinkles.
You May Also Like
This quick little cake was perfect. Left off confetti and just used strawberries and whipped topping. So good. Great texture