PREHEAT oven to 350°
GREASE and parchment line (3) 8-inch round cake pans.
1. SIFT Swans Down Cake Four, then lightly spoon into measuring cup for 2 3⁄4 cups. Add salt, set aside.
2. COMBINE chocolate with water. Stir until chocolate melts. Set aside.
3. CREAM butter and sugar until fluffy.
4. ADD eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. DISSOLVE baking soda in buttermilk
6. ADD flour mixture to butter mixture alternating with buttermilk, beginning with flour and ending with flour.
7. STIR in chocolate and vanilla.
8. DIVIDE batter evenly into prepared cake pans.
9. BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
10. COOL in pans for 10 minutes then remove from pans and let cool completely on wire rack.
1. PLACE first cake layer, top side down.
2. FROST cake layer with ganache
3. SPREAD 1⁄2 cup of ground praline over ganache.
4. TOP with second cake layer, topside down.
5. REPEAT steps 2 and 3.
6. TOP with last cake layer, top side down.
7. FROST cake with remaining ganache.
8. PRESS sides with ground praline and garnish with any remaining praline pieces.