Prep: 30 min
Bake: 55 min
Yield: 12 servings
- 9 cups (9 apples) apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups Swans Down®️ Cake Flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- PREHEAT oven to 350℉.
- COMBINE apples, 4 tablespoons butter, ½ cup sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl and toss well.
- TRANSFER apples to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda, salt, mix well and set aside.
- CREAM butter and sugar, using a hand mixer, until fluffy. Alternate the flour and milk, ending with the flour and mix until just combined.
- SPREAD batter over apples and bake for 55 minutes. Cool slightly and serve with vanilla ice cream.