- 2 ¼ cups Swans Down®️ Cake Flour
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup pecans, finely chopped (optional)
Yield: 16 servings
- PREHEAT oven to 300°F
- LINE ½ sheet (6 by 9 inch) pan with parchment.
- SIFT cake flour. Set aside.
- CREAM powder sugar, salt and butter until light and fluffy. Add sifted flour to butter. Mix on low until fully incorporated. Add chopped pecans. Spread dough evenly in prepared sheet pan.
- REFRIGERATE for 20 minutes. Score dough into 16 pieces. Dock with toothpick or skewer. Bake for 1 hour or until lightly golden on the edges. Remove from oven and cut through scored lines. Let cool completely before removing from pan.
LOVE SHORTBREAD COOKIES
Is there a recipe for “whipped” shortbread cookies?
Hi Beverly, Unfortunately we don’t have a recipe for “whipped” shortbread cookies. It’s a great suggestion. We’ll definitely pass it on to The Kitchen.
Thanks so for all the delicious recipes!!! Are these shortbread cookies chewy?
Hi Connie, The Shortbread Cookies are crunchy, not chewy. Happy baking!
It says add chopped pecans twice. The recipe only includes 1/4 cup total. Is it a typo are are you supposed to add 1/8 cup twice? I don’t get it.
Great catch Judy! We have the recipe fixed. You only add chopped pecans once. Happy Baking!
I want carrot cake recipe , please. Thank you.
This was an easy and delicious recipe using very few ingredients.