Prep: 30 min
Bake: 55 min
Yield: 1 (10-inch) tart
The bright flavor of fresh, juicy peaches pairs well with the almond filling in this simple and beautiful dessert tart. It’s delicious served at room temperature with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
- 1/2 cup (8 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond almond flour
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Swans Down® Cake Flour
- 4 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted, for garnish
- Confectioners’ sugar, for garnish
- 2 cups sifted Swans Down® Cake Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, cold, cut into cubes
- 1 yolk
- 2 to 4 tablespoons ice water
- Make Filling: Place butter, sugar, salt, egg, almond flour, bourbon, almond extract and flour in the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth and creamy. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. (It can be stored in a refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks, or frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.)
- Make Pastry: Preheat oven to 375℉. Place flour, salt and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. Add butter and pulse until butter is pebble size. Add yolk; pulse to combine. Add 2 tablespoons of water and pulse to combine. Add a teaspoon of water at a time and pulse until dough starts to form a ball. Flatten the pastry into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Assemble Tart: Roll the chilled dough into a circle large enough to line the bottom and sides of a 10-inch tart pan. Cut off any overhang to be even with the edge of the tart pan. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and poke holes in the bottom of the pastry with a fork. Line the pastry with greased parchment and weigh down with pie weights or dried beans. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove parchment and weights and return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack; reduce oven temperature to 350℉.
- Fill the pastry 3/4 full with an even layer of the almond filling. Shingle (overlap) the peach slices on top of the filling. Bake for 40 until the filling has set.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan on a wire rack. Top with toasted almonds; sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar right before serving.