Prep: 15 min
Bake: 20 min
Yield: 35 cookies
No need to hit the cookie aisle at the grocery when you can fill a cookie jar with homemade vanilla wafers. They are simple to make and taste so much better when made fresh, with only the finest ingredients.
- 1 3/4 cups sifted Swans Down® Cake Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl halfway through. Add egg and mix until incorporated. Add vanilla and milk and mix until combined. Add flour mixture and mix on low until incorporated. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Place 1-teaspoon sized scoops of dough on the prepared sheet pans about 1 inch apart. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden-brown, rotating the pans halfway through baking. Allow to cool completely.