Prep: 25 min
Bake: 40 min
Yield: 24 cupcakes
Here's a classic carrot cake recipe turned into a couple of dozen delicious cupcakes, ready for any party, picnic, tailgate or potluck. Add pecans or walnuts and raisins into the batter to make these treats extra nutty and flavorful.
- 2 1/4 cups sifted Swans Down® Cake Flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line two standard cupcake pans with liners.
- Make Cupcakes: Mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside. Cream together granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil and vanilla extract in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add eggs one at a time. Reduce speed to low and add 1/2 of flour mixture to wet ingredients. Mix just until incorporated. Add carrots, nuts and raisins. Mix to combine. Add remaining flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pan onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting.
- If there’s any extra batter, bake a small (6-inch) cake. Cool it and wrap in plastic wrap and then foil, and freeze it to have on hand for a coffee break or a special breakfast.