Prep: 25 min
Bake: 40 min
Yield: 24 cupcakes
A carrot cake is always a classic, but so is having a couple of dozen delicious carrot cake cupcakes on hand, ready for any game day party, picnic, tailgate or potluck. Add pecans or walnuts and raisins into the batter to make these treats extra nutty and flavorful, and top with your favorite cream cheese (or any) frosting.
- 2 1/4 cups sifted Swans Down® Cake Flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 2/3 sticks (1 1/3 cups) (302.4 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 (8-ounce) packages (32 ounces) cream cheese, cold
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) vanilla
- 5 cups (477.5 grams) confectioners’ sugar, sift before measuring
- 4 teaspoons (20.5 grams) fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, freshly zested
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line two standard cupcake pans with liners.
- Make Cupcakes: Mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside. Cream together granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil and vanilla extract in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add eggs one at a time. Reduce speed to low and add 1/2 of flour mixture to wet ingredients. Mix just until incorporated. Add carrots, nuts and raisins. Mix to combine. Add remaining flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pan onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Make Frosting: In a bowl with an electric mixer, beat together butter, cream cheese and vanilla until just blended. Beat in sugar in 3 batches until smooth. Stir in orange juice and zest.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes.
- If there’s any extra batter, bake a small (6-inch) cake. Cool it and wrap in plastic wrap and then foil, and freeze it to have on hand for a coffee break or a special breakfast.
Please give me a recipe for a carrot cake sheet cake! I use Swans for all my baking needs.
Hi Eva, Our Classic Carrot Cake makes a wonder sheet cake. Check out the Kitchen Tips at the bottom of the recipe. https://swansdown.com/recipes/classic-carrot-cake/ H
Genera Fulminar just to let you know. Wal-Mart sells Swans cake flour that’s where I always purchase mine.
Hi I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada. Few years ago I used to buy Swansdown cake flour in Safeway grocery store.But unfortunately I can’t find it anymore here.Any idea where I can buy in Canada?Thank you.
Hi Genara, Unfortunately we don’t have a retailer list for Edmonton Alberta Canada, and our mail order department does not ship to Canada. You can certainly try ordering Swans Down Cake Flour through our Amazon Store Page – Swans Down Cake Flour and have it shipped to Canada. Happy Baking!
I make the whipping cream pound cake all the time. It is a favorite at my church & with family & friends. i made a chocolate pound cake that is delicious also. i made up my recipe. of sourse, Swans Down Cake Flour. thank you so nuch.