Ultimate Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup - unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups - Sifted SWANS DOWN Cake Flour
- 1 teaspoon - baking soda
- 1 cup - sugar
- 2 1/2 cups - oatmeal, blend to fine powder
- 12 ounces - chocolate chips
- 1 cup - light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon - salt
- 4 ounce - Hershey Bar, grated
- 2 - eggs
- 1 teaspoon - baking powder
- 1 teaspoon - vanilla flavoring
- 1 1/2 cups - pecans or walnuts, chopped
PREHEAT oven to 350º.
SIFT SWANS DOWN Cake Flour, then lightly spoon into measuring cup for 2 cups.
CREAM butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
ADD chocolate chips, Hershey Bar and nuts.
ROLL into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.
BAKE approx. 10 minutes at 350º.
A collection of recipes from over a century of baking with love. Happy baking.